Executive Officer, Legal1 position
An exciting employment opportunity is available at the Brunei Economic Development Board for an aspiring enthusiastic junior lawyer seeking a dynamic and purposeful legal career with a view of being part of transactions at the forefront in advancing economic development in Brunei Darussalam.
The successful candidate will:
- primarily be performing corporate, and operational related administrative and legal activities;
- be required to develop robust legal and industry knowledge as they relate to regional and global projects and infrastructure related transactions (primarily in project delivery);
- be periodically assessed on suitability for transitioning into a legal role with a focus on engineering and construction transactions in the energy, industrial, and transport sectors; and
- be given a generous remuneration package proportionately reflecting the expectations and demands required of the successful candidate.
A. Minimum Qualifications and Traits for the Successful Candidate
The successful candidate should minimally possess the following:-
- an undergraduate holding a Bachelor of Laws, or Juris Doctor in Law from a common law jurisdiction with a 2:2 equivalent grade or higher;
- must be independent with a motivated personality with an ability to regularly work beyond regular working hours (including weekends); and
- strong technical legal competency with a robust commercial acumen.
B. Preferred Candidates:
Candidates with any or all of the following will be preferred:
1. Completion of a legal practice course, barrister practice course or equivalent;
2. Admitted as a legal practitioner in a common law jurisdiction;
3. Experience in cross border transactions; and
4. Experience in any of the following areas of law:
(a) project and infrastructure (particularly delivery/construction);
(b) energy and resources; and/or
(c) business and company transactions.
Only Brunei Citizens and Permanent Residents of Brunei Darussalam need apply.
Please complete the ‘Application for Employment Form’ together with your full resume, a recent passport-sized photograph and copies of relevant supporting documentation, and submit the application on or before 5.00pm on Friday, 9 December 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be submitted in pdf format as one (1) combined document.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.